Tuesday, November 28, 2017

CHOON OF THE DAY: "RENDEZ-VOUS" - Dita Von Teese

 Photo by Fabien Breuil for Grazia, 2012

In the most unexpected plot twist Burlesque diva Dita Von Teese teams up with French Pop bard Sébastien Tellier for a vintage flavoured slice of synth pop. Taken from Dita's debut album, written and composed by Monsieur Tellier himself and available in early 2018 via Record Makers. Isn't it so typical we get showered by interesting releases towards the end of the year, just on time to mess up with any muso year-end rankings. Formidable!

Here's what we read in the official press released about this adorable collaboration:

Dita Von Teese: “I’m not a professional singer. In fact, I’m quite uneasy about recording my voice. But I do enjoy the thrill of doing things that are outside of my comfort zone. When I performed for the first time at the Crazy Horse in Paris, I invited Sébastien because I was such a fan, not daring to imagine that someday he would compose an entire album for me.“ 

Sébastien Tellier: “When I saw Dita dance to a piece of music I had written for her, I had a feeling that her physical presence and her personality were a perfect fit with my music and I started to compose only for her. When you think that you've finally pierced Dita’s mystery, she turns out to be more than ever, a creature of dreams, totally out of reach.“

P.S. And so the French theme continues...