Monday, October 2, 2017

SHREM'S DOUBLE TROUBLE: "DRINK I'M SIPPIN' ON" /// "LAST BREATH" - Yaeji


The unstoppable Yaeji, the GODMODE label's prime ambassador, continues to inspire the musical blogosphere, the underground clubbing community and muso nerds like myself. In an admirably profuse stream of self-produced and self-performed new sounds, the Korean wonder child is offering an urban flavoured single "Drink I'm Sippin' On" and a curiously off-kilter slice of deep house, sampling the diva of the divas herself - Róisín Murphy from her global mega-anthem with Moloko "The Time Is Now". Sticking to her unconventional approach, effortlessly cool attitude, geeky style and clear passion for her mother tongue, Yaeji is once again at the top of her game, shining brightly among the most uniquely talented and versatile artists of the current dance and electronica scene. "Drink I'm Sippin' On" announces the release of Yaeji's 2nd EP scheduled for 3rd November. I want more!