Tuesday, October 27, 2015

SHREM'S CLUB BIZARRE INTRODUCING: "PARTY GIRL" - Claptone feat. Jimi Tenor


I have first become acquainted with Jimi Tenor back in the mid-90's when I discovered his innovative and electrifyingly eclectic records "Intervision" and "Organism", both of which I cherish to this day. All through the years the Finnish wizard of electronica, as I like to sometimes call him, experimented with various musical genres and styles, focusing more and more on nu jazz and afro beat, however it was always his aural excursions into electronica that kept me the most absorbed. Following his latest house project with his wonderfully talented wife Nicole Willis - Cola & Jimmu, Tenor is now featuring on "Party Girl" which could be easily described as the greatest track on Claptone's debut album "Charmer". The Berlin based dj & producer caught my attention previously with his first-rate house records "The Music Got Me" and "She Loves You" and now the artist has also invited Jay Jay Johanson, Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, Young Galaxy, Peter Bjorn & John and Jaw to partake in making Claptone's first full album.







Here are Jimi Tenor and Claptone separately with my favourite tracks of theirs respectively: