Friday, July 5, 2013

SHREMIVERSARIES: Björk's "DEBUT" 20th

Today marks 20 years since the release of Björk's "Debut", an album that blew me away, turned my perception of music upside down, changed my taste in music completely and made me the über-nerdy muso that I am today. "Debut" also made me the devoted Guðmundsdóttir fan and collector that I remained until today...

RELEASE DATE: 5th July, 1993
PRODUCERS: Nellee Hooper, Björk

SINGLES:
"HUMAN BEHAVIOUR" - June 1993



"VENUS AS A BOY" - August 1993



"PLAY DEAD" - October 1993



"BIG TIME SENSUALITY" - November 1993



"VIOLENTLY HAPPY" - March 1994



FAVOURITE NON-SINGLE TRACKS:

"COME TO ME" (probably my favourite Björk song ever!!!)



"CRYING"



FAVOURITE REMIXES:

"Big Time Sensuality (Morales Def Radio Mix)" - by David Morales



"Violently Happy (Masters At Work 12")" - by Masters At Work



FAVOURITE TRACK THAT NEVER MADE THE ALBUM:

"ATLANTIC"



+ A VERY SPECIAL BONUS: Björk's 1st ever TV solo performance, "Aeroplane" live @ Later with Jools Holland with D'Influence: