Monday, April 15, 2013

SHREM'S EXCLUSIVE: PERFECT PARTY PLAYLIST VOL. 10 by Earth (Gus Gus)


I first heard Urður Hákonardóttir's soulful voice on Gus Gus' 2002 record "Attention" which has a solid spot among my favourite albums of all time. Reykjavík born diva, better known under the alias Earth, featured on the Icelandic collective's albums ever since contributing her spectacular vocal capabilities to some of the biggest dancefloor anthems in their vast catalogue of modern dance classics such as "David", "Call of The Wild", "Need In Me", "Hold You", "Over" or "Arabian Horse".
I am inexplicably excited to welcome this talented electronic soul vocalist and songwriter I cherish so much, as a guest on my über-nerdy carousel, I am particularly delighted she accepted my invitation to create an exclusive playlist packed with cool gems just the way she is. Put on your dancing shoes baby! þakka þú mjög mikill Urður!


MOST VIBRANT MOMENTS:







PERFECT PARTY PLAYLIST by Earth:

1. Manu Dibango "Electric Africa"


2. Emmanuel Jal "Kuar"


3. John Grant feat. Biggi Veira "Black Belt"


4. Destiny's Child "Say My Name (Cyril Hahn Remix)"


5. Sísý Ey "Ain't Got Nobody"


6. Aly-Us "Follow Me"


7. Barbara Tucker feat. MAW "Beautiful People"


8. Robin S "Show Me Love"


9. Mad Mike & Davina "Don't You Want It"


10. Ananda Project "Breaking Down (Louie's Revival Mix)"