Sunday, May 23, 2010

SHREM'S ESSENTIAL GUIDE 2 GUS GUS

Two aspects of music I adore most of all bar listening is collecting and making lists so I thought I'd introduce a super-nerdy new thread where I will b sharing my collections of my favourite artists as well as preparing the top 30 cherry-picked most beloved tracks from each of their catalogues... The first episode I have decided 2 dedicate 2 GUS GUS one of my all time favourite acts. Does that sound like fun? Any other geeks around 2 appreciate it? Come on join the game if u please:-)



Do you still have last night in your body?



30. YOU MAKE ME FEEL - B-side off NEED IN ME 12"
29. COLD BREATH '79 - check out also the Crystallised version included on their debut EP
28. MONUMENT - Depeche Mode cover
27. TAKE ME BABY- incredible remake of Jimi Tenor's underground classic wit the Finnish maestro himself on vocals
26. YOUR MOVES ARE MINE
25. GUN (SCHIZOID - MAN REMIX) - taken from the POLYESTERDAY single
24. IS JESUS YOUR PAL?
23. VERY IMPORTANT PEOPLE
22. BELIEVE
21. SUPERHUMAN



20. STARLOVERS
19. LADYSHAVE (ROY'S LADY SOUL MIX)
18. HATEFUL - brilliant new video by The Weird Girls Project



17. DOMINIQUE
16. POLYESTERDAY
15. BELIEVE (16B REMIX) - so many versions of their anthemic single floating around here's one of my most favourite ones
14. DESIRE
13. LUST - this one will put u in trance
12. ACID MILK
11. MOSS - club rendition of Daníel Ágúst's epic song... The one that always gives me goosebumps...



10. PURPLE
09. THIN ICE
08. BELIEVE (LFO REMIX)
07. DAVID
06. OH - intro 2 POLYDISTORTION available in a full AMAZING version on one of the BELIEVE singles
05. CALL OF THE WILD - I wonder will Gus Gus make this a triptych of Jimi Tenor covers...
04. HOLD YOU - with Iceland's number one pop star - Páll Óskar Hjálmtýsson
03. NEED IN ME - the very original mix released on a 12" single before FOREVER was released
02. REMEMBERANCE
01. ADD THIS SONG



OFFICIAL SITE
MYSPACE
WIKIPEDIA

If you love Gus Gus as much as me you should scroll up 2 the top of the page and vote 4 ADD THIS SONG in my best-of-the-noughties poll:-)